More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Friday, July 21, 2006

"First" Success Story!

So the downside to moving to a new city is that your chances of having a bad "first" experience increase dramatically. Like, the first time you take your clothes to a dry cleaner you've never heard of or the first time you try a restaurant you've never heard of or the first time you make an appointment with a doctor you've never heard of...you get my point.

But I am soooo happy to report that I had a successful "first" today in an area that is super important to me -- my hair! I love getting my hair cut and highlighted, and that experience can make my day if the person does a good job or totally ruin my entire week if they botch it. The first hair cut I got in Austin was a disaster, but it's a chance you have to take when you move.

A few days ago, I walked by a salon in our neighbordhood called Nadine's Triple Crown, so of course I had to check it out (only 2 people in the world will understand why, and I think I'll leave it that way). The place is really cool -- it's both a salon and barber shop, and it's slightly upscale but not at all pretentious. My stylist, Nicki, was great, and she definitely listened to what I wanted. She has some beautiful ink, by the way.

Happy Hair!

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Nicki! Can't wait to see the new do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home