More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Handy Smurf

I consider myself a fairly independent woman, but one of the things I like about being in a relationship is having someone to help with projects that require more than two hands.

Unfortunately, my husband is out of town, and my cats are of no value on things like this, so I spent the morning measuring, drilling, and climbing the ladder while holding the drill and drill accessories, tape measure, anchors, screws, pencil, etc. in order to finish getting the house decorated.

I was successful on 8 out of 11 attempts; I drilled 2 unnecessary holes in the wall (that I was able to cover up) and broke 1 decorative item. Not great, but 73% is still passing!

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking everything into consideration, I think I would settle for the 73% success rate. Closest I ever came to divorce was when trying to hang wallpaper with the assistance of a husband!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home