More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Nice chandeliers...those new?"

Once in a blue moon, I treat myself to a little mani/pedi at a local nail salon. It's not a super deluxe place, but it's decent enough that I think my chances of getting a staph infection are fairly low.

So I walked in to the place today and was immediately struck by the brilliant light of three chandeliers (yes, three) hanging from the ceiling. Keep in mind that the entire establishment could fit into a one-car garage. It was something to behold. And did I mention that they were hideous? Obviously a top seller at the Ugliest Chandeliers Ever Made Showroom.

If the price of the mani/pedi had increased to cover the light bill, I would have thrown a serious tantrum and probably ruined my polish. Fortunately it didn't come to that.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

That's a hoot! Even more funny because the place I go for nails has similar lighting. I think you could land a plane in there at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home