More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Monday, July 31, 2006

A Birthday in Review

For the nine years I lived in Texas, celebrating family birthdays was usually out of the question. Now the cake and ice cream are only two hours away rather than two days. So last week, I invited my dad and stepmom to come over to Atlanta so we could celebrate my stepmom's birthday. We met for lunch at Canoe, a great place on the Chattahoochee. We also enjoyed shopping and just spending the afternoon together. Then for dinner, we had what proved to be my best meal thus far in this grand city. The Atlanta Fish Market offers incredibly fresh seafood; my cousin joined us for dinner, and the four of us enjoyed delicious plates of halibut, tuna, salmon, and grouper respectively. Everything about the meal was superb. Thanks for giving us a reason to celebrate, Rose!

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that. I was happy to join in.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We also enjoyed the visit very much. You are correct, it is so much more fun to drive 2 hours than 2 days. You were a wonderful hostess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home