More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

WAR EAGLE!

Going to Auburn football games is one of my all-time favorite activities. I started going to games as a kid, and I particularly loved going when my sister was a student. Our family has a lot of great memories from those games (Mom, Sip, and me yelling "dark red!") and some great photos as well (John Q in those bright orange pants with Andy holding him in his arms). My dad even took me to the 1984 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans when Auburn beat Michigan 9-7. Then I went to all the home games as a student, which was practically an out-of-body experience each and every time (especially those first two seasons under Coach Bowden when we won 20 games straight).

So I guess it's no surprise that I was seriously jonesing to go to a game now that I'm back in the southeast. I haven't been to a game for the past eight seasons...UNTIL NOW! My sister and I took a little road trip to Columbia, South Carolina last week to watch our Tigers beat the Gamecocks 24-17. It was such an awesome trip, and I don't think I stopped smiling or laughing or cheering for about three straight days. The South Carolina fans were unbelievably nice - going out of their way to make us feel welcome in Columbia - and we really appreciated their hospitality and sportsmanship.

And it gets even better...I'll be going to the game again this weekend to watch AU take on the Arkansas Razorbacks and tailgating with about 25 friends and family members. This will be Eric's first Auburn football game, so he is mostly excited but also a little scared of what kind of freak show I turn into once I'm in the zone. Ha!

3 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

And there was the time you yelled at Ben on the Tiger Walk and embarassed him to death and the time you ran ahead of us and got lost in the crowd and the time you got so mad that you didn't speak to us all the way home becuase we left the Georgia game 3 minutes before it was over, and dozens of other times that we recount over and over because they are so special!

Can't wait til Friday when we hit the Plains once again !

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Loved every minute of it! And love that you are back in the southeast so we can do all these fun things. See you Friday!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Chuck Hawkins said...

It should be a great time. It will be good to see both you and Eric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home