More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Horse Days of Summer

I just returned from an awesome trip to Lexington, Kentucky, where I was visiting my friends Marybeth and John. Marybeth and I have been friends since birth, and although our memories of the first few years are a little fuzzy, we always enjoy catching up and talking about the good ole days. We also lived together for a couple of years at Auburn, and John is a fellow alum. Add our love for food and drink, silly animals, and traveling to the mix, and you've got yourself a fun time!

I didn't have a chance to hear any bluegrass music on this trip, but I saw the endless green pastures of many resplendent horse farms and drank a little Bourbon, so I would consider my first Kentucky tour a success. Thanks to MB & John for being such fun hosts! And of course, a special thanks to Sabrina, Murphy, Finnegan, Teagan, Beamish, and Caffrey for allowing me to share their parents and their personal space for a few days. :)

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What weird names for their kids! (Or were those the names of the bourbons you sampled?) LOL

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

At least their cats enjoyed having guests - more than I can say for Sabrina and Toby. After Sabrina body slammed my door to keep me from having it closed, I figured she didn't really like having me there ! Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home