More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Friday, August 04, 2006

George, Mark, and Emily

I had lunch today at a local joint called George's Restaurant and Bar. Like so many favorite neighborhood hangouts that are chock-full of character, George's is nothing special to look at, inside or out. But you don't need great looks to offer delicious burgers and cold beers for cheap!

When I sat down, I noticed there was a small engraved plaque on each side of the table. The plaque across from me read "Mark O'Meara," and the one in front of me read, "Emily Saliers." I couldn't make a connection between the professional golfer and the professional musician, except that they were both connected to George. My server confirmed that the plaques on all the tables were in recognition of well-known folks who had dined at this fine establishment. Although she probably didn't sit in that exact spot, I was thrilled to be at Emily's table. I have loved Indigo Girls' music for two decades, and I think Rites of Passage is the most perfect album of all time.

Maybe next time I go in, Emily or Mark (or even George) will be sitting next to me!

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I'm sure if George, Mark OR Emily were in there, they would want to sit with you. You're the bestest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home