More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Do You Have the Time?

Can you tell my friend Jeff and I always have a good time together? NO?! Okay, then just take my word for it. We have known each other since we were kids, so at this point we have to remain friends or kill each other - otherwise, too many secrets will be revealed. It doesn't take much to amuse us, and the number of inside jokes is endless (the title of this post being the most recent).

We did not waste any time blowing it all out in Atlanta during Jeff's visit last weekend. From tapas at Sabroso to lava rock bowls at Zocalo to baba ganoush at Apres Diem, we experimented a lot with cuisine. To burn off some of those ethnic calories, we walked around a lot in the neighborhood and played tennis at Piedmont Park. We also managed to see a movie. It was an awesome 42 hours, and I can't wait for the encore! Auburn blintzes, anyone?

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do have a great time, don't we? Great post Amy! It was a very good representation of the weekend. Food, food, food, the hottest and longest single set of tennis ever played. Never was a set ever "funner" than that (joke people).

My abs still hurt from all of the laughing. Luckily, we were not the loudest ones in any of the restaurants or bars, but we did always manage to sit by the loudest.

I still don't know exactly what is in a butternut blintzxst: caramel, soft serve, vanilla wafers, where are the nuts??? And the butter??? We will have to get one next time. I think that one will be enough.

Thanks again for sharing your new home with me :)

Oh, is that a jar of barbecue sauce on your face??? That's all!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's See ... He was there 42 hours and food and drink were mentioned 12 times so you ate and drank every 3.5 hours the way I figure it. Didn't leave much time for tennis, sleeping, movie, etc.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually ate and drank while playing tennis at a drive-in movie.

I'm joking yfml! I am still full from 2 weeks ago :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home