More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Pest Control

When I got ready to go to bed last night, I was unpleasantly surprised to find a cockroach the size of Texas on the window sill next to the bed. Even my bug-loving cat wouldn't touch it. A few paper towels and pep talks later, I had disposed of the enormous creature. And besides lying awake half the night waiting for his relatives to show up and crawl in bed with me, I felt better.

For anyone thinking I'm a heartless murderer, I'd be happy to introduce you to Ralph - the spider who has been living in the shower for a couple of weeks. We've become buddies.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should speak to your landlord about pest control. Sounds like the house needs a good spraying.

Your everloving dad

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Susan said...

As your realtor (and furthermore, your sister), I agree with your dad. I think the landlord should be tackling this issue for you!
Your loving Sippy

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

They have roach motels at the store, too, in case landlord doesn't get there soon enough. Those would be pesticide thingamajigs not roadside accommodations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home