More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Wildcat Memory Lane

In my grade school years, I was both a Fort Payne Wildcat and a Saks Wildcat. A couple of "memory lane" conversations recently prompted me to get the old yearbooks out of the closet and spend an evening reminiscing. I skipped over the bad hair pictures and the really bad hair pictures and decided to focus on the sentiments written by my poetic peers.

So here's my own WHO'S WHO of yearbook quotes...

Most Generic: To a very sweet and pretty girl. Stay the way you are and you'll go far in life. (I have about a million of that one in some form or another.)

Creepiest: To a very fine lady. Always stay sexy. (Hello? I was 11!)

Most Honest: To a very sweet girl who I don't like because she is for Auburn.

Best Stream of Consciousness: Hey Babe (Amy). So how are you doing? I'm bored stiff. You know how that is. I hope you have fun over spring break. I'm gonna be looking for some bad boys. I love this pen, it writes so good. Have a good life. Of course you will - being a doctor. You'll probably be so rich it's not even funny. I'll have to borrow some money from ya, huh?

Most Nerdy: I enjoyed sitting next to you in French class and seeing who could answer first. (I also got props for helping people in algebra and chemistry, which should give you some indication of how cool I was.)

Best Shameless Plug: Hey sweets, put in a good word for me with your dad. He probably won't believe you, but it's worth a try. (Dad was my high school principal.)

One of a Kind: I hate that bull about oh you're just the best friend I've ever had, so I'm not writing that crap. It's stupid and so is that corny crap that's supposed to make you laugh. Well ha ha!

Most Inspirational: Do tha rite thang.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I might know who wrote the Most Nerdy and I might even know who wrote Best Stream of Consciousness. Have I met both of these individuals ?

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Amy R Shipp said...

Actually, you don't know either of them. I tried not to rat out any of my current friends! But I bet I know who you think it is. :)

This brings up another interesting point, though. On several occasions, I had to look up someone's picture so I could put a face with the name of my "best friend forever."

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

Oh, my gosh! That is too funny! Having been a high school English teacher, I'm still shuddering over Inspiritional's comment to do the "rite thang"! Was that our finished product ?

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

Oops! I mean inspirational - not inspiritional!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home