More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Better than OK

Last week, Eric and I shared a Valentine's Day breakfast at the OK Cafe. We had been there once before for dinner. It's a really cool place with lots of character.

Its namesake is featured in Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird (which, coincidentally, I re-read a few weeks ago). A signed edition of the book is prominently displayed in the restaurant.

The restaurant has OK-themed lamps, carved dividers between tables, and even chicken pot pie pastry. The other super-cool feature to this Atlanta staple is that the wait staff bring you Midgees with your ticket! Harriett, you would love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home