More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Too Much Chlorine Inhalation?


I LOVE THE OLYMPICS! I just want to be clear about that in case anyone thinks I'm being too critical.

Saturday night during the men's platform diving finals, one of the Chinese divers missed a dive and left a tiny tiny window open for the Australian guy to possibly win a medal. The announcers didn't think it could happen. In fact, one of them thought it was inconceivable. Except he tried to say unconscionable (which is not the right word but it would have been close enough to make the point). Except what he actually said was unconscious. "He would really have to do something unconscious here to have a chance at a medal."

If someone can do a double twisting triple somersalt in the pike position off a 3-story platform while UNCONSCIOUS, they deserve the freakin' gold medal!

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

That is hilarious!! Even though I watched the Olympics until I was almost "unconcious" I failed to hear that snafu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home