More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Art in a Can

For the past three months, I have been waiting patiently (sort of) for my husband to move to Atlanta so we could experience all of the exciting cultural opportunities this great city has to offer. By this point, my list has become a tad long, and Eric will probably be exhausted from just reading it. So I decided to embrace ONE activity alone before Eric's arrival next weekend.

Yesterday, I went to an interesting exhibit at the Mason Murer Fine Art museum here in midtown. The second installment of the Red Bull Art of the Can collection is in Atlanta for two weeks, on its way to Dallas and then Minneapolis. It began in Boston in 2005, where the permanent collection is housed.

This is a unique opportunity for artists all over the world to express their creativity using Red Bull cans as their primary material. The collection includes everything from earrings to a foosball table! And the coolest thing to me is that many of the artists are just everyday Joes who felt a little artistic spark and decided to run with it. Or I guess in their case -- fly with it. After all, this is the drink that gives you wings.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty amazing ! My favorite is the charging bull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home