More Social than Work

Thanks for visitng my blog! I decided to start this when I moved from Austin to Atlanta in the summer of 2006. I figured the new adventure would offer some fun stories to share with friends and family around the globe. I'm a Social Worker, by the way -- hence the title of the blog.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thanks??

My normal routine for styling my hair involves shampoo, conditioner, special product when damp, special brush for blow-drying, and more special products when dry. That's at a minimum. I did all of those things every morning last week, Monday through Friday, and received exactly zero compliments on my hair.

On Saturday, I got out of bed, went to the gym, then went to breakfast. A woman came up to me and said, "Are you a beautician? You have the most beautiful hair I've ever seen! I especially like the way you have it styled."

After thanking her and assuring her I'm no beautician, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. I hadn't really thought of get-out-of-bed-and-go-to-the-gym as a style per se, but I guess I'll take the compliments whenever I can get them.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Sara Quinn said...

That's a hoot ! The only time I ever get compliments on my hair style is the day before I have an appointment to get it cut because it has gotten so scraggly I can't stand it ! People are weird !

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Eric Schulz said...

I haven't gotten a hair complement in at least 20 years, except when I get it cut and my wife says "See, it doesn't look so scraggly now, does it ?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home